Not every day at the beach is a beach! So what to do if it rains during your stay on Anna Maria Island?
If walking in the rain is not your idea of fun we’ve got you covered (pun intended)!
1) Have some fun Bowling at AMF Bradenton Lanes. Fully renovated with lots of lanes. amf.com
2) Visit Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium. Explore sea life with touch pools and aquarium exhibits. See Manatees, Sharks and Sea Turtles. Fun and educational! more.org
3) Go for a skate, yes a skate!, at Ellenton Ice and Sports Complex. A state of the art sports facility with 2 NHL size rinks, an indoor field, a fitness center and a video game room. ellentonice.com
4) visit Snooty the Manatee, Manatee County’s unofficial mascot and the oldest manatee in captivity (Guinness Book of World Records!) or Bishop Planetarium at South Florida Museum. southfloridamuseum.org
5) Shop until you drop at the new Mall at University Town Center! Wide open and airy with all the stores you could wish for as well as several dining options. mallatutc.com